Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It seems I've been in a time warp!

You can call off the search and rescue! Here I am...alive and well(finally!). This last month and a half has been filled to the brim of changes and the craziness that life throws at you.

The biggest change has most definitely been me doing something I have not done for about 2 years. Yep, I went back to work. This decision come after many discussions between J and I. On one hand, going back to work is added income, but after paying for a sitter when our shifts would double over, what's left doesn't add up to a whole lot. The winning benefit was me getting out of the house. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids with all my heart, but this momma needs some adult interaction and time for me to do something else.
I'm only away for 4 hours a day, but the difference has been seen all around. D. went through some adjustment and he pretty much broke my heart when I came home during the second week and he ran to the door and protested "Yay, me happy again...Mommy's home!" He's getting better with it now, but still calls the babysitter the "bad one", even though he doesn't want her to leave at the end of the day. J.J. adjusted much better than I might have imagined, and has been by far my biggest surprise. When the babysitter walks in the room, his face lights up and he's getting much better around people he doesn't know. R. is, well, R. and is going with the flow like always.
And me...The job is going well. It's not my "forever" job but it's getting me in the right direction. It's part-time and in the evening, something I'm not so sure about. But, overall, it's giving me experience and letting me get my foot in the door.

And now the fun part...

school picture time
Photobucket

We shall name his Ghost Boy...
Photobucket

Fall Fun
Photobucket

My Loves
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. There you are! So glad you found something for yourself and the kids are adjusting well. You've got more kahunas than I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Both boys have grown so much since we saw you in April (which should be expected, lol!)

    ReplyDelete