Friday, November 5, 2010

Family Weeknd!

With life being so busy and always go, go, go right now, it seems like we are always on a schedule and don't have the time to just sit down and enjoy the blessings in life. As a result, I've starting a new tradition with my boys. Friday's, since I don't have to work, will be lunch date day with my boys. Our first lunch date was kinda simple and impromptu at the grocery store cafe. We enjoyed some baked mac & cheese, drumsticks and pizza. The boys were great and received some great compliments from those cute older ladies enjoying their coffee.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do as a special treat with R. yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.


After work on Saturday, I was surprise to come home to a semi clean house (thanks to our wonderful babysitter), an 8 year-old's room clean, a refreshed baby from a nap and a happy toddl2 year-old. So I called J and we meet up in the shopping district to go coat shopping. This did not go as planned. In our first store, everything seemed to be going well, until we stumbled onto the toy isle, in which we had a 2-year-old who wanted freedom out of the cart. After some public fighting, J decided to take the boys out to the car while I finished getting what we needed and checked out. When I headed to the car, I found an women standing at the entrance to the store, shocked and calling for her husband to "look at those kids in the van...!" This naturally caught my curiosity so I looked to see my boys climbing all over the drivers seat of my van. The next moment, this lady is running to my van, cellphone in hand ready to call the authorities, when the side door of the van pops open and J. sticks his head out. Now the lady is putting her phone away and laughing. She apparently thought our boys were in the van by themselves being allowed to climb over everything and cause panic to every passerby that witnessed this. Oy!...needless to say we went home and decided to venture back out the next day. which we did and got some great deals on coats for the kids, only after we had a wonderful family brunch! The best part though...after dropping $100+ on new coats...we have 60 degree weather this week! UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment