Wednesday, March 30, 2011


Happy birthday to my amazing, comical, smiley sometimes whiney but always lovable big boy! Three is going to be a great year with lots to learn and explore! In just 3 short years, I have seen D. grow, learn and changed so much. From learning to walk, bed time fights to the struggle we had with his vocab (although sometimes, I really he would be quiet for just 5 minutes during a 12 hour day), D had never ceased to amaze me. One minutes he can be a brave tough boy who is powing his sister and the next he's whispering in my ear that he loves me and wants to keep me forever! One second jumping on the couch with no fear to seeing a spider and screaming in a higher pitch then any soprano that I've heard. From telling me he wants a new momma to saying please and thank you to complete strangers in a store. He's got personality, that's for sure, and even on days I would like to lock him in a closet for 15 minutes or 45, he's my little man!

3 years and 3 days (because I'm late in posting this)ago, after 27 hours of being hooked up to monitors, I became a momma for the 2nd time. As I held my baby boy D. in my arms and brushed my fingers across his tiny face, I realized at that moment, just how big my heart was and that I could, in fact, love 2 children with all my heart.

I can remember being wheeled into the recovery room after having him and seeing the smile on R's face as she was waiting there, about to burst from the seams, to meet her little brother for the first time. She brought the baby blanket she had helped pick out and insisted that the nurse wrap him up in it before she held him. I love seeing they way they interact with each other. Okay, I'll be honest, most of the time. Sure, I hear the fights, but it all gets canceled out when I hear laughter coming from the next room as they build blanket tents and play Ring-Around-the Rosy.


On Sunday (D's actual birthday), we invited my parents and siblings over for a pancake and eggs brunch. And while we had a great time, I am eagerly waiting for the J.J and D combined birthday party in two weeks.

This is the very yummy cake Aunt Nee Nee made. He loved it and even blew out the candles before we had finished singing "Happy Birthday"!

Yep, that's a frog. He told his Aunt Nee Nee he wanted a frog for his birthday...and that's what he got. Although, he is afraid to touch it, and I doubt he'll be the one feeding it...actually, that's a job I saved for J. I don't blame him. And, I have to admit, it's kinda creepy knowing there is a jar of live crickets on my kitchen counter.


And from here on out, you will see that my son has quite the obsession for Toy Story!





No comments:

Post a Comment