Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Quench your thirst!

I've been experimenting with different beverages for the house. J. is a Pepsi lover...and if you ask me a 2 litter a day is to much. I try not to give the kids pop, or soda for some. R. is allowed one small glass a day if she asks. I always so no to D., although, J. usually give in.
When I do grocery shopping, I grab a big jug of juice, usually apple and which ever is on sale. But it usually does not last the 2 weeks it needs to. I don't like juice boxes. They are a waste and make a mess. Koo laid mixes have to much sugar, although I have found that Wal-mart mix to have the lowest. So that's what we do for the kids.
But, I'm not a juice/koolaid drinker. I prefer teas and coffee...and I think I found the PERFECT homemade ice tea recipe. Check out this link below and experiment with the how many tea bags and how much sugar. I do 8 tea bags and 1.5 cup of sugar. I like it sweet! I have not tried using honey as a replacement of sugar yet, but plan on doing so soon.
I buy the store brand, like the original article states, usually Wal-mart. The best part...it's super easy to make and cheap cheap cheap! I hope you enjoy!

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/perfecticedtea.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment