Sunday, July 11, 2010

10 years ago...I said good bye to some great friends, promised I'd keep in touch with others and was happy to never have to see some people ever again.

9 years ago...I had my first full time job, attended college, met the man I would call my husband, and said goodbye to some more friends as we all moved away and on with life.

8 years ago...Wore a white dress, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and walked down the isle as I said goodbye to single life and married my best friend.

7 years ago...I gained 30+ lbs., developed cankles, and found a new purpose in life as I had my blue eyed baby girl.

6 years ago...I received my first promotion at work and chased around a blond haired princess as she became steady on her feet.

5 year ago...Said goodbye to more friends as my life was about ABC's and theirs was about bars, fashion and guys.

4 year ago...I had a major job and life change. All teaching me life lessons that I try to remember daily.

3 year ago...I once again said goodbye to some friends, as I learned that I love life just the way it is. I also enjoyed learning things from my daughter as I was teaching her at the same time.

2 year ago...I learned that I could that I could love 2 children equally, and that the love a family has for each other is a powerful thing.

1 year ago...I became a stay at home mommy, as I had my new baby boy. Life changed again, as I went from a mom of two to a mom of three is just a year.

Yesterday...was my 10 year high school reunion. Some people changed, some people didn't. And everyone went down different paths.


This was my path. And, although, this may not have been where I pictured it, I truly do love my life. I enjoy the kids songs, movies and stories. Getting the sloppy wet kisses and bear hugs, the crooked candy dish made in school, even the 2.30am knee in the back as a child crawls into bed with me. Do I regret the choices I've made...no. I try my best to learn from the mistakes I've made and move forward. Here 's to the next 10 years...and to what may happen!

"Your on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where you go!"
~ Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing. I'm kind of inspired to come up with my own, now....hmm.......

    ReplyDelete