Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Laputa

I would not say that I'm new to the word of gadgets. I spend the first 5 years in the working world in the cellphone industry. So, in February, when J and I decided it was time for new phones, my imagination get carried way. We shopped around, tried a carrier that did not work out due to lack of reception and finally decided on Verizon. Now, we are on a budget, so I went hoping to get something cool, but reminding myself that I would, more than likely, get a basic phone.
My wonderful Hubby surprised the heck out of me when he took me right over to the Driods. I was in heaven! It was exactly what I wanted. So, that's what we did...we splurged (which is not something we often do) and both got the top of the line phones. A Motorola Driod for myself and the Eris, by HTC for J. Let me tell you... the heaven like dream continues.

Two days ago, I had finished up the 4th book in new series I'm reading. Though, I'm not one to go with the current trend, it is another Vampire story: House Of Night. Yes, it's probably aimed more for the young adult audience, but completely different from the every popular Twillight saga (which I read and loved).
So, there I lay in bed, closing the final chapter in the 4th book, wanting more, but knowing I'd have to wait till pay day to get to the store. That's when J grabbed the gadget from heaven...and found a Kindle type app. called Laputa. And low and behold, it has the House of Night series along with a huge compilation of my favorite author, Nicholas Sparks.
Let me tell you...reading from Laputa is splendid! Seems to go by a heck of a lot faster than a regular book...and I'm going with the theory that it's because you don't know for sure how much you have left. I finished the book in...wait for it...2 days, which is a miracle considering my limited personal time.

Moral of the story: If your a reader, even occasionally, and have a smartphone...get a reader app. It's like magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment